Our Mission and History
The Winnegamie Home Builders Association (WHBA) is a not-for-profit trade organization, providing resources, services and education about the housing industry to our members and our communities. WHBA promotes attainable, quality housing through industry leadership, ethical business practices and community and government involvement.
Winnegamie Home Builders Association (WHBA) held our first regular monthly meeting on June 13, 1990 at the Columbus Club in Oshkosh, WI. At that time, WHBA applied and received our charter from the National Association of Home Builders on August 31, 1990, and also became affiliated with the Wisconsin Builders Association. WHBA was the first builders association to hold a Parade of Homes the first year it was officially organized.
The Winnegamie Home Builders Association (WHBA) formerly known as Winnebago Home Builders Association, was founded in 1990 and represents residential building, remodeling, and development interests in Winnebago County and are affiliated with Wisconsin Builders Association (WBA) and the National Association Home Builders (NAHB). In 2016, NAHB awarded WHBA a large portion of Outagamie County, which prompted a name change to Winnegamie Home Builders Association, which services Winnebago and Outagamie Counties. The association advocates for all housing related issues so that our communities can enjoy high quality, energy efficient, and affordable home ownership.
WHBA members enjoy strong advocacy and professional development opportunities making them the most professional and technically knowledgeable suppliers of building related services to the buying public.
Why Hire WHBA Members?
Winnegamie Home Builders Association offers Value, Credibility & Resources
Members of the Winnegamie Home Builders Association:
- Our members invest time and money into education to be the best in their field.
- WHBA members invest in themselves through professional development and training, giving you peace of mind that you are working with someone who will make your residential construction project go more smoothly and be more enjoyable.
- Members are up to date on new regulations and laws that effect the residential construction and remodeling market.
- Members save the consumer time and money in the long run, with a better built project.
- WHBA holds our members to a higher ethical standard.
- Members of WHBA are continually involved in community projects to improve quality of life for us all.